Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Learning, a lot!

I never consider that I know everything, I know that I don't. I might believe that I know at least a little more than most, but everything, no.

The thing that irritates me more than anything, even more than not lifting heavy weights, is the person who thinks they know more than I do. Everyone has their own little bubble of knowledge and we tend to excell in those things we are best at, but you can't be the best at everything.

I know that I'm not a stock market guru or an international language god, but I never pretend that I am. Sure I know a little bit about this, and a little bit about that, and a lot about a few things, I'm sure you do too, but they aren't the same things. I'll let you do what you do best, let me do what I do best.

Learning is a constant, and the second you step outside of it, and think you know it all, you've just lost it. Encourage knowledge, pass on what you know, but don't be a fool and avoid what others have to offer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now. There's a lot of good information and interesting stories. I am reminded of a saying after reading this particular post, though.

"The fool thinks he is wise...The wise man knows himself to be a fool" - William Shakespeare

Thanks for the good posts.

Pamela MacElree said...

Very much appreciated, thank you.

The WS quote sums it up well.