Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Nothing tastes as good as...

I once came accross a quote that really struck me as one of the simplest things to think about when choosing to eat well and being diligent about sticking to your workout program. The simplicity of it's statement has created an imprint on my mind, and I hope it has some similar effects on you.

"Nothing tastes as good and lean and fit feels."

I apologize for not knowing who the author is, I wish I did. Even as I reread it here, I think about how much I like certain foods that are not good for me, and then I think about how great I feel when I don't indulge in them, as well as how great I feel when my clothes fit well.

I've often heard people say that it's difficult to give up grains, that it's hard to not eat sweets/sugar, that it's a pain to eat several small meals a day rather than three big ones. The truth be told, once you've made the decision to give these things up, you will not crave them a few days after giving them up. Once you start eating smaller amounts every few hours and are no longer feeling stuffed and bloated after each meal, well that speaks for itself.

I'm not saying it doesn't take some will power and dedication because it does, but then again don't a lot of things?

2 comments:

Erica said...

You're right about that quote, and I think one needs to actually experience it before you realize how true it is.

I know that Oprah said "Nothing tastes as good as thin feels," so maybe someone altered that quote to make more sense. I mean, we both know that thin doesn't equal lean & fit, nor is it that appealing.

Pamela MacElree said...

True Erica. Yes, it takes giving it a chance to really understand the statement.

Glad it's all going well for you!!