Monday, March 24, 2008

Picking On Me

No worries, I'm not about to start complaining that someone was giving me a hard time or any of that kind of crap. Today, I'm the one picking on me.

If I miss a workout, it's my fault. If I eat bad, it's my fault. Long story short, I hold the key to my health. Now of course some things are completely out of my control, like my genetics and the weather. The rest I can handle, or rather, the rest I need to handle. I can't make excuses for my short comings, if they're my fault. If I can't do something right now then I have to admit I can't do it, and either figure out a way to get it done, or move on.

Looking back on what I should have/could have/would have done is just a waste of time. Looking forward and planning what I will do and when I'll do it, well that's the reason to get it done during the day. I'm the biggest procrastinator I know, always have been, probably always will be, but if I don't complete the task by the time I need it completed then I can't blame anyone but me.

Choosing between what's fun and what needs to be done. If I had my choice I'd play around in the gym all day, make extravagent and healthy foods, nap, and then do whatever moved me for the rest of the night. All play and no work, doesn't get you very far, some work needs to be completed, but that doesn't mean work can't be fun, which it often is!

All these things are a continuous circle, they all feed off of each other, and it's all up to me. If I want a better life, I have to workout, eat well, make good choices or at least learn from my mistakes, and remember to have fun and get work done.

You lead your own life, what you do takes you there.

"Pick up a bee from kindness, and learn the limitations of kindness." -Sufi Proverb

2 comments:

Deputy said...

Great blog Pam. No external excuses!!! You truly are the one who decides how to live your life and what decisions you make during it. Thanks for the motivation. Cheers

Pamela MacElree said...

What's up stranger? Hope all is going well, drop in some time to see the place, we've made some changes, and of course for a workout as well.