Monday, August 04, 2008

Your Training Environment



I've never really had that feeling of needing to force myself to workout. Sure, I might skip a day or two, or perhaps I'll take it easy on some days, but I don't feel like I'm dragging myself to the gym for a workout and dreading every minute of it. And no, it's not because I'm already in the gym. The fact of the matter is, I usually like to train outside of the gym. There are days when that just isn't possible, but whenever I can I head outside, to the park, to the track, or even to the backyard. I love to be outside.

That's why I was so excited to workout on the beach this weekend. I couldn't wait, I even got up early on a Saturday to go. (I won't talk about the crazy storm that pushed my workout back 8 hours) Found a spot on the beach that was perfect, a few soft sand spots, a few hard sand spots, a little incline, and close to the water (my favorite part.)

I think it's really important to head outside, or at least change the scenery of where you workout. If your job keeps you in doors all day long, the best thing you can do for yourself is to go outside! Working out in fresh air, natural sunlight, and away from what you typically look at and do. It's so beneficial to your overall health.

Step aside and see where you go.

No comments: