Sunday, January 13, 2008

Finally Back To Training


For the past 6-8 weeks I've only been spending about 2-3 hours a week working drills on the mat, and hardly no time training. Which, I must say is not enough, it's not enough to learn, it's not enough to practice, and it's not enough to get better. Despite having a mostly shitty weekend, I dragged myself to open mat today. I'm really glad I did. I spent about an hour training off and on, mostly on, and atleast I don't feel like I lost too much. I was a little tired, but I'm chalking that up to the weekend. I also noticed how two of my training partners have gotten significantly better as well.

John, who got promoted when I did, has dramatically changed his training. He probably weighs 20lbs less than me, but feels like he's 20lbs more. He doesn't freak out ever, just goes through the motion knowing what he's hunting. Dov comes from a wrestling background and I used to be afraid of training with him because of his crazy ass stunts that carried over from wrestling but today he was very calm and almost methodic. (Except for the time he smashed my head on the mat, ha!)

No comments: