Friday, April 04, 2008

Kettlebells are in Scotland



A few weeks ago I was on vacation in Florida. I nice long week of relaxing in the sun, on the beach and by the pool. When I got back, I was asked if I worked out while I was vacation, and startled with my response of, "Yes!" I questioned the astonishment.

Of course there are some reasons of vanity behind my workouts, but more than that I find an escape to working out and training hard, I find peace of mind, I enjoy the challenge, and I do it for my health with the hope that it pays me with longevity.

An entirely different conversation got me thinking about whether or not I planned my vacations around being able to continue working out, and while that's not necessarily the case, I wouldn't not workout due to lack of equipment. Friends and acquaintances accross the states, and in several countries would allow for workouts to be completed with equipment, but it's not needed if I were to venture somewhere, where I didn't know anyone.

So, working out for me, is a way of life. I certainly enjoy a day off here and there, but find that I become irritated and edgey if I've missed several days in a row of not working out. It not only makes me stronger physically, but mentally as well.

To my friends accross the states and abroad, I hope to one day train with you on your ground in...

Scotland
South Africa
Australia
Brasil
Murrieta
Ann Arbor
AC
Silver Springs
Edison
Alexandria
DC
Las Vegas
West Chester
Phoenix
San Jose
Avon By The Sea
Jacksonville
Exton
La Jolla
Sacramento
and more...

1 comment:

Howie B said...

Absolutely agree. I remember last year practicing my first Pistols in the sand at the beach. Haha, I thought the sand might help my stability. I was wrong. This year, I'll definitely be bringing a kettlebell.