Sunday, April 19, 2009

It's Places Like This



It's places like this, among the others I plan on vacationing to this year and next, that help me remember why it is I do what I do. There are times, as I know you've all had them, where you've wanted to through your hands in the air and say forget it. In fact I'm sure it happens more then you keep track off, and it's just not related to work, it can be about your workout plan, your nutrition, your friends and family, really just about anything. So then you sit back and wonder, why bother?

Well...I can't answer that for you, but for me, I bother because I care. I bother because I believe I can make a difference. I bother because it's worth it, especially when it comes to my health, this is one I hope you bother with as well.

Which brings me here, I'm in St John, (I'm in St John writing a blog post...but don't worry I'm headed straight to the beach, then to the pool, and then to whatever I want to do) The point is this, to take time for yourself, even if it's only a few minutes a day, take time for yourself and appreciate what it is you've done, the things you've learned, the difference you've made, and how those things effect the now and your future, your plans and your dreams, and how you'll get there.

I never thought vacations were a good idea because of all the work that was required before you left and when you got back (even this one...up until I got here) but sometimes it takes a vacation and places like this (serene, mystical, beautiful) to put it all in perspective.

It's places like this ...

1 comment:

Erica said...

You need this vacation, and I'm glad you're having a good time. Don't hurry back!