Monday, April 13, 2009

It's Really This Simple

I know what you must be thinking, "What in the world can she be suggesting now?" Truth be told I think a good many things are easy to implement, it might take some effort to succeed, but implement...a piece of cake. (Funny how references like revolve around food, but that's for another day.)

If you know anything about me, you know that I believe strength is a necessity, that eating well is your only practical choice, and that consistant exercise promotes mental and physical fitness. It's not about a diet or an intense sport specific training program, but rather a lifestyle.

Long story short... I got in a great workout today before I started running some of our evening workouts, and one of our clients was in working out while her son was taking the kids Judo class. Her daughter came too but just to watch. Before I knew it this little girl, full of energy and eagerness, was doing everything her mom did during her workout, and she'd do some push ups with me. At the end of her mom's workout, I got a huge hug filled with happiness. It's not new to me, I see it almost everyday, as a child jumps up next to their parent and follows as closely as possible their squats, push ups, etc.

My point...lead by example. Children look up to their parents, they want to do the things they do, so spend time with your kids by playing outside, running around in the park, making a game out of working out, encourage them to be their best. Let them enjoy a healthy life with you, don't park them in front of the TV. And, if you don't do any of these things yourself maybe you should...a then lead by example.

No comments: