Monday, April 27, 2009

Say It Isn't So...


Truth be told, I've thought this way for a long time, and although I sometimes need reminders of it and encouragement from my close friends and even closer colleagues, I'm happy to read about it one more time and reflect on it's truth.

Check out this guest blog post by my friend Zach Even-Esh on Chris McComb's Kick Back Life Blog.

Most of you know my story. Almost 3 and 1/2 years ago I left my steady and comfy salary to work for myself. Everyone around me was exicted for me, but you could tell by the look in their eye, or their hesitated response that they had doubts, huge doubts that I was making the right decision.

Now that I've made it work, and I have the steps in place to do a little bit more (or a whole hell of a lot more), I'm getting some of those same blank stares and moments of hesitation, along with comments urging me to take a break and enjoy life.

I am enjoying life! I may have more responsibilities than most people or maybe I even have a slightly higher stress level, but I also can take off in the middle of the week and hit the beach for a day, take a few days for a roadtrip, go to another country, or take a weeks long vacation or more. I still get paid, and I don't have to take any vacation/sick/personal time!

If I had it to do all over again, I might do some things differently, but I'd never not go in the direction I've gone or the one I'm taking now.

No comments: