Wednesday, September 03, 2008

My apologies

I know, it's been two weeks since I last updated the blog, my apologies, one day went to the next and then a whole two weeks had passed.

I've talked a little bit about consistancy before, but I'm going to open the topic up for discussion again (this has nothing to do with not updating the blog in two weeks.) The key to any training and/or nutrition program is consistancy, without it we're left with a hap-hazard randomness that leaves us with minimal results, if any, and a severe lack of accountability.

This past weekend I was out of town for four days, a mini vacation, yet I still worked out during two of those four days. Why? For one, I knew I'd feel better if I did a quick workout in the mornings. Two, I didn't want to have a tough time getting back in to the swing of things once I got home. Three, just because I'm on vacation doesn't mean I can let my normal lifestyle go to crap. Four, my friends wanted to try my workouts so I had a group of people to workout with while I was away.

With the exception of one day, I even ate well while I was away. I was surrounded with temptations that don't usually enter my own home, so I'm quite pleased with myself that I turned them down.

Long story short, once you make working out and good nutrition a part of your everyday living, it's easier and more compelling to stick with the plan. When you stick with the plan you see results. When you see results you want to stick with the plan to see more results.

See where I'm going with this? Consistancy.

No comments: